During pregnancy, you have to be doubly cautious both with your diet and with taking medications. The usual food that you used to eat without regard to your condition, now causes a lot of questions. This is normal.
Such anxiety during pregnancy allows you to be prudent and bear a healthy baby. Eating during pregnancy should be healthy, diverse and ... safe. Particular care must be taken with exotic fruits. Pineapple during pregnancy can not only lead to useful vitamins, but also cause an allergic reaction.
The benefits of pineapple for the expectant mother
Any of the fruits contains a huge number of different vitamins and valuable trace elements. The benefits of pineapple during pregnancy are no exception.
- This exotic fruit contains vitamins of groups B, E and C,
- And also - trace elements necessary for our body: magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium, phosphorus and iodine,
- But its main highlight is bromelain (a set of enzymes that contribute to the rapid absorption of protein by the body).
Pineapple is not an easy treat, it is an active assistant during pregnancy:
- Thanks to bromelain, pineapple helps to improve mood, and also cleanses blood vessels, helping our skin to always be in good shape,
- Bromelain is able to kill the accumulated pathogenic bacteria, as it gets into the intestines and works as an antiseptic (you may also be interested in the article: Stomachache during pregnancy >>>),
- If during pregnancy you suffer from varicose veins, then the trace elements that make up the fruit can help with this disease. But only at an early stage,
- Pineapple helps the body cleanse the walls of blood vessels, destroying fat accumulations, while reducing blood pressure and thinning,
- The use of this fruit during pregnancy will help the body avoid vitamin deficiency,
- Thanks to a whole group of vitamin B, pineapple helps to improve memory by nourishing the brain and nervous system (the nerve cells are protected from destruction).
- Heartburn, severity, and flatulence will not bother during pregnancy if you enjoy a pineapple properly (read the current article Heartburn during pregnancy >>>),
- Due to the diuretic property, water in the body does not linger and a pregnant woman suffers less from edema.
Important! The fruit is useful only fresh, canned pineapples during pregnancy, they will not bring anything to the body except raising sugar levels.
When pineapple during pregnancy is impossible
Is pineapple always possible during pregnancy?
At first glance, pineapple gives the pregnant body only benefits, but only if you do not abuse this fruit. This fruit is included in the list of products that may be allergic. It is better to play it safe and not eat this fruit if you have:
- Allergy to the fruit itself,
- Gastritis, or gastrointestinal ulcer (pineapple tends to increase acidity) (related article: Gastritis during pregnancy >>>),
- Diabetes mellitus (fruit contains a large amount of glucose).
It is not recommended during pregnancy to consume pineapple in canned form and in the form of pure juice. Gynecologists, obstetricians, advise pregnant women not to buy this fruit at all in the first trimester so that the baby does not have an allergy (read the related article: 1st trimester of pregnancy >>>).
Also, about pineapple during pregnancy, at a later date, it is worth forgetting. Since bromelain, which is very much in this fruit, can provoke a premature birth.
Medical expert articles
Pineapple should be eaten with caution during pregnancy. Despite the fact that this delicious fruit is a valuable food source of healthy nutrients, it also has a number of contraindications.
For all its benefits, it can not always be used without any restrictions - in everything you need to comply with the measure.
5 rules for buying a good pineapple
Pineapple during pregnancy should be chosen more meticulously so as not to collide with food poisoning, which may result in vomiting or diarrhea. If you still have such a nuisance, study the article Diarrhea during pregnancy >>>.
How to choose the most ripe and healthy fruit?
- Smell. Ripe pineapple has a delicate, subtle, sweetish aroma. In the absence of any smell, it is safe to say - pineapple is immature,
- If a sharp, albeit sweet smell is heard from the fetus, it begins to rot, or is ripped off already overripe,
- Tops. Inspect the top leaves:
- Yellow, as well as dry leaves, indicate that the fruit has begun to deteriorate,
- The pineapple has a fresh, juicy top, but the leaves do not come off - you come across an unripe fruit, it’s better not to buy it,
- If the top is thick and juicy, and the leaves, if desired, easily come off - the fruit is ripe,
- If, when choosing a pineapple, you take up the tops and can twist it around its axis, then boldly buy, since you managed to find a ripe fruit. If the crown could not be scrolled, the fruit is unripe.
- Upper crust. Feel the fetus:
- If it is very hard, it means immature,
- If the fruit of the slega is soft when pressed, while there are no traces of pressure and hollows - a ripe one fell into your hands,
- You should not pay attention to color, since the green shade of the fetus does not always indicate its immaturity. But if you find spots on it, dents - this indicates a product that has already deteriorated,
- Boca. Taking the pineapple in your hands, pat it on its sides a little:
- Do you hear a dull sound? You can buy - it’s in the juice itself,
- The sound of emptiness, means that he began to dry out and you will have nothing to feast on.
- Pulp. Not all sellers cut their goods for the buyer. But if you were able to negotiate with the seller, inspect the pulp from the inside:
- The ripe fruit has a rich golden yellow tint,
- Unripe fruit, on the contrary, will be pale in color.
Pineapple must be carefully selected. Since early harvested pineapples do not ripen! If he was ripped immature, then he will remain so. And to know how to eat properly during pregnancy, read our book: Secrets of proper nutrition for a future mother >>>
Can I have pineapple during pregnancy?
Many mothers are interested in the question, is it possible to pineapple during pregnancy? Will this appetizing overseas fruit harm the child. It is worth noting that in addition to the unconditional usefulness, pineapple has a number of contraindications.
Firstly, it is a powerful allergen, so you should control the amount of eaten fruit - not more than one hundred and fifty grams per meal. An excess can cause allergies not only in the mother, but also in the body of the unborn child.
Secondly, pineapple has a high acidity, which puts it on the list of prohibited products in patients with gastric ulcer and gastritis. With unlimited use, the acid will irritate the mucous membranes of the mouth and stomach, which is fraught with poor digestion and heartburn. Also, the increased acidity of pineapple negatively affects tooth enamel. Therefore, to prevent tooth decay, it is necessary to rinse the mouth thoroughly after use.
If there is a threat of miscarriage, then most obstetrician gynecologists recommend minimizing the use of pineapples during the first trimester of pregnancy. The thing is that the fruit contains substances that can affect the increase in uterine tone. Unripe pineapple during pregnancy should generally be excluded from the diet. The third trimester is considered the safest for the health of the unborn child.
Pineapple when planning a pregnancy
Pineapple in planning pregnancy, it turns out, plays an important role. This discovery was made not so long ago by British scientists who carefully studied bromelain, an enzyme that is present in the fruit. It turned out that this special component reduces the level of androgens in the body of a woman. These hormones interfere with the union of the egg and sperm - a decrease in their level significantly contributes to the conception of the baby and the normal bearing of the fetus. Thus, scientists made a breakthrough on the issue of how to overcome female infertility.
For the first time, American scientists noticed this particular property of pineapple. They noticed that women who included this exotic fruit exclusively for weight loss in their diet received interesting results. They not only got rid of excess weight, but also from problems with conception.
British researchers decided to study this relationship in more detail through an experiment in which 230 women took part. All British women took pineapple extract for a month. During this short line, it turned out that bromelain stimulates the production of progesterone, which prepares the uterus for receiving and attaching a fertilized egg, while the level of androgens decreases. The scientist hopes that the discovery will help future mothers conceive and bear a child, while using pineapple during pregnancy.
Canned Pineapples During Pregnancy
Canned pineapples during pregnancy, unlike fresh fruits, it is not recommended to include in the daily diet. This is due to the fact that during the heat treatment not only vitamins and minerals are destroyed, but also the most valuable enzyme Bromelain, which could bring great benefits to the body and due to which pineapple is mainly valued.
The pulp from the tin certainly attracts women with a certain ease of use - the pineapple does not need to be cleaned, which needs some skill, but is already ready for use after opening the can. But you should always consider the minuses - a tasty and very useful food product after preservation turns into a dessert containing a huge amount of sugar, which does not contribute to the health of the expectant mother.
Another disadvantage of canned pineapples is the content of a large amount of citric acid, which is bad for people with allergic reactions and diseases of the stomach.
Pineapple during pregnancy has undoubted advantages - these are vitamins, minerals, a whole complex of microelements. But the whole spectrum of benefits is preserved only in fresh fruit.
Useful properties of pineapple during pregnancy
The beneficial properties of pineapple during pregnancy are not exaggerated. Fragrant juicy pulp contains a lot of dietary fiber, organic acids, minerals and a whole complex of trace elements. The composition of the fruit also includes a large number of vitamins, mainly A, C, E, PP, B vitamins, which favorably affects the general condition of the nervous system, the brain and memory. It will perfectly cheer up and help maintain vitality.
Pineapple core contains a special complex of natural enzymes of high activity - bromelain, which gives this fruit valuable properties. It stimulates the digestion process, increasing the enzymatic activity of gastric juice. It also cleans the walls of blood vessels, dilutes blood, prevents blood clots, and at the same time lowers blood pressure. It has a diuretic property, which will help with edema, which often worries women during pregnancy.
Pineapple takes care of the appearance of pregnant women. The active substances that make up the exotic fruit have a beneficial effect on the condition of hair, nails and skin, preserving its beauty and elasticity.
Pineapple is especially popular during pregnancy due to its unique dietary properties. They are manifested in a valuable combination of useful nutrients and at the same time, low calorie content of the product. And this is very attractive to expectant mothers who are afraid of excessively gaining weight.